Judge BONNIE BULLA of the Nevada Court of Appeals
EXPERIENCED. QUALIFIED. RESPECTED.
Nevadans need and deserve judges on the Nevada Court of Appeals – our state’s second highest court – who are experienced, qualified, and respected by their colleagues, peers, and the public. Being an appellate judge is intellectually challenging and demanding. Becoming a member of the court of appeals is the culmination of 32 years of hard work, perseverance and commitment to the law. It is an honor to serve the people of Nevada. I love the work, and I’m good at it.
- One of the three incumbent Judges on the Nevada Court of Appeals.
- First judge appointed by Governor Sisolak – February 2019.
- Discovery Commissioner for the Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada from 2007-2019.
- As Discovery Commissioner, worked collaboratively with the judges of the Eighth District Court, resolving tens of thousands of pre-trial discovery disputes spanning virtually every area of law.
- Now, as Judge of the Court of Appeals, work collaboratively with my 2 colleagues.
- Over 1150 cases disposed of by the Court of Appeals in 2019.
- Appointed to the Nevada Supreme Court Rules Committee by Justices Gibbons and Pickering to revise and re-write the Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure (2016-2018)
- Member of Rules Committee for the Eighth Judicial District Court (until 2019)
- Long-time frequent lecturer to the Bench and Bar on discovery issues.
- Continue to lecture on legal education as Judge of Court of Appeals, on a variety of topics including the new civil rules of procedure, ethics, oral argument, selected recent criminal decisions, and family law update.
- Instructor for many years in the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Deposition Program
- Served as a judge for Trial by Peers, a diversionary program for youthful offenders.
- Chosen in 2019 by the Governor for the Nevada Court of Appeals after a rigorous, comprehensive and competitive selection process conducted by the Nevada Commission on Judicial Selection.
- Chosen in 2007 from a field of approximately 50 candidates to be the Discovery Commissioner for the Eighth Judicial District Court. Served for 12 years before being appointed to court of appeals.
- Martindale Hubbell “AV Preeminent” Attorney Rating for highest level of professional excellence
- In private practice for 19 years, handled high profile, complex litigation such as the PEPCON explosion mass tort litigation, and medical malpractice defense.
- Grew up in Phoenix, and attended Arizona State University. Graduated Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa in 1984.
- 1987 graduate of ASU Law School (nka The Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law).
- Moved to Nevada in 1987 (right after law school), took and passed the Nevada Bar exam, and began a 19 year practice as a civil litigator, until I was appointed Discovery Commissioner in 2007.
I work hard to serve all of the citizens of Nevada, and earn their respect.
ENDORSED BY 36 LABOR, LAW ENFORCEMENT, FIRE, and CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS:
- Clark County Firefighters Association
- Clark County Prosecutors Association
- Clark County District Court Marshals’ Association
- Clark County School District Police Officers Association
- Communications Workers of America
- Culinary Workers Local 226
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Henderson Police Officers Association
- Henderson Police Supervisors Association
- IBEW Local 357 (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)
- IATSC Local 720 (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees)
- International Association of Ironworkers Local 433
- Israeli-American Civic Action Network (ICAN)
- Juvenile Justice Supervisors Association
- Las Vegas Peace Officers Association
- Las Vegas Peace Officer Supervisors Association
- Las Vegas Police Protective Association
- Las Vegas Police Managers and Supervisors Association
- Las Vegas Bartenders Local 165
- Nevada Association of Public Safety Officers
- Nevada Highway Patrol Association
- Nevada Republican Club
- Nevada State AFL-CIO
- Nevada Veterans Council
- Nevada/California Ironworkers Local 433
- North Las Vegas Police Officers Association
- Northern Nevada Central Labor Council
- Peace Officer Research Association of Nevada
- Professional Firefighters of Nevada
- Reno Police Protective Association
- SEIU Local 1107 (Service Employees International Union)
- Southern Nevada Building Trades Unions (SNBTU)
- Southern Nevada Central Labor Council
- Southern Nevada Cops
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America
- Washoe County Sheriffs Deputies Association
Paid for by the Committee to Retain Judge Bonnie Bulla